Our Medical Assisting graduates receive hands-on training in simulated medical laboratory classrooms. Each lab is equipped with the same types of medical equipment used in physicians' offices.
You will spend most of your time taking classes that directly pertain to the medical assisting career, enabling you to complete the program in as little as 10-16 months.
As part of the program, you will spend 8 weeks in an externship, which is designed to let students practice what they’ve learned.
Graduates of King's College's medical assisting program qualify to take the Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) test.
Ready to get started? Call us at 800.768.2255 or fill out our information request form.
Medical Assisting students are taught to:
- Assist the physician during an exam
- Operate basic medical equipment
- Understand and apply aseptic techniques
- Take and record vital signs
- Give injections
- Perform venipuncture
- Collect and prepare lab specimens
- Perform a variety of lab tests
- Manage and update medical records
- Process insurance forms